Monday, November 9, 2015

Calling Smitty, and Gracie, and Wilson, and Austin, and . . .

 . . . and all of you four-legged friends of the quilty bloggers out there!

Clemson here, a Fancy Fox, of "Oh Fransson" fame. (Many thanks and kudos to Elizabeth Hartman for her great patterns - this would not be possible without her skills and gracious sharing.)

Ahem. As I said, my name is Clemson, obviously because Snoodles cheers for them and my coloring reminded her of their team. I'm calling on all you furry peeps out there to warn you -- your human may be next!




Snoodles has pretty much fallen off the lilypad here, making me and my relatives. First she put together my country cousin, Blue.




He is a laid back, low-volume kind of guy; loves his chicken fried in an iron skillet. I'd swear he has a still somewhere back of his den -- some nights when I pass by I will hear him plunking on his banjo, and I just know that I've caught a whiff of moonshine on the breeze.




Then she made our second cousin from over the mountain, Olaf.

He's a lumberjack, and I think he has a Swedish accent. It could be that, or when I get full of his wife's flapjacks, I can't hear good. Either way, her flapjacks are great, and he's a nice guy.



Hipster is a younger guy -- looks like the small checks are popular with the ones out looking for a vixen. He's partial to hard cider, fast streams, and the ladies. The ones in visual range.




Then there is Basie.

He's a true Renaissance man: loves Vivaldi operas, and hasn't settled down with a vixen yet, though some of them "wander" past his den to see his latest paintings. Some evenings when he is in a good mood you will hear his sax wailing, or he'll be scatting to a jazz recording of Dave Brubeck. 

Snoodles says she is going to put "Oh Fransson" glasses on one of us -- she hasn't decided which one of us looks best in them, yet.


And get this -- she's going to put a hedgehog in the mix! You heard me! A HEDGEHOG!! What will this world come to . . .


Be careful, all of you furry peeps; this may be contagious. It might show up in your human's sewing area next!


Love,


Clemson

for Snoodles

PS  All of these are being made in preparation for making pillows. I may not make the pillow that Elizabeth shows on her site, cos that size of pillow forms is hard for me to get....miles and miles from an Ikea! I'm experimenting with arranging these guys in groups of two, three, and four, and see if I can use a different form. (Grin)


8 comments:

  1. Smitty and Gracie thank you for that impurrtant safety tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe!!! There is no way I am going to let my human see this!! They are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are wonderful. I love the stories behind each one, I imagine you thinking about each one as you brought them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. Very cute. But I don't think Juno is worried one bit. I don't have the itch to create fur creatures in fabric at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! These look great! I bought the pattern a few months ago with the intent on making my daughter a Fancy Fox quilt for Christmas. Obviously, that hasn't happened..... maybe for her (hopeful!) Clemson graduation in May?!! Hmmm, maybe include a 'Clemson'?! Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)